Palestinian American Killed in West Bank Clashes

2824
08:45
33
Mohammad Abu Siyam, father of Palestinian-American Nasrallah Abu Siyam, 19, shot by settlers. Photo: Nasser Nasser / AP Mohammad Abu Siyam, father of Palestinian-American Nasrallah Abu Siyam, 19, shot by settlers. Photo: Nasser Nasser / AP

A deadly settler attack in Mukhmas has intensified scrutiny of escalating West Bank violence.

MUKHMAS, WEST BANK — Israeli settlers shot and killed a 19-year-old Palestinian American during clashes in the village of Mukhmas, east of Ramallah, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry and witnesses. The victim, identified as Nasrallah Abu Siyam, died Wednesday after sustaining critical wounds during an attack by settlers on local residents.

Witness Raed Abu Ali said settlers entered the village and assaulted a farmer, sparking confrontations when residents intervened. He alleged that armed settlers opened fire after Israeli forces arrived and deployed tear gas and sound grenades. The Israeli military said it used “riot dispersal methods” after reports of rock-throwing and denied its forces fired live ammunition.

Abu Siyam’s mother told the Associated Press that her son was an American citizen. The U.S. Embassy condemned the violence. The incident comes amid a surge in West Bank unrest, with the United Nations reporting 240 Palestinians killed in 2025 by Israeli forces and settlers.

Previously, the UOJ reported that the U.S. launched phase two of Gaza plan despite gaps in ceasefire implementation.

If you notice an error, select the required text and press Ctrl+Enter or Submit an error to report it to the editors.
If you find an error in the text, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter or this button If you find an error in the text, highlight it with the mouse and click this button The highlighted text is too long!
Read also